Accounts Receivable Specialist
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,700 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 5,000 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org.
This Accounts Receivable Specialist position is an integral member of Aeon’s accounting team focusing on property management and operations. This position will interact regularly with Portfolio Directors, the Compliance department, Staff Accountants, and site staff. Critical thinking and analysis, problem-solving and interpersonal communication skills are required along with a strong focus on accuracy and excellence.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- All resident move-out accounting functions
- Processing of all rent changes, lease renewals, and contract rent increases
- Processing of monthly subsidy payments along with monthly subsidy reconciliations
- NSF checks
- Bad debt/collection file processing
- Annual Certificate of Rent (CRP) processing
- Monthly rent posting and vacancy reconciliation
- Monthly Gross Potential Rent (GPR) reconciliation
- Training of new staff on Yardi processes and procedures
- Assist with new property setup of security deposit & interest balances and accounts receivable delinquency/prepaid balances
- Responsible for collect processor issues
- Corporate bank deposits
- Two or more years bookkeeping/accounting experience
- Intermediate knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an ability to relate effectively with diverse individuals
- Experience with affordable housing or an interest in working in the area of affordable housing
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills in a busy work environment, as well as the ability to meet deadlines despite regular interruptions
- Proactive ownership approach to work
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively
- Experience using computerized accounting software
- Prior work experience in property management is a plus
- Yardi experience preferred
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Premium benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities outlined above to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/519184.htmlApply Online
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer