Director of Marketing Communications
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,700 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 4,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
The Director of Marketing Communications is responsible for providing strategic leadership in creating an organization-wide marketing and communications strategy. The Director of Marketing Communications will develop a strategic marketing and communications plan, directly managing staff and activities that promote, enhance, and protect Aeon’s brand. The Director of Marketing Communications will be responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of a broad range of activities relative to the strategic direction and positioning of the organization and its leadership. This individual will be an ambassador for the organization, with a goal of advancing the organization’s position with relevant constituents, as well as driving broader awareness and support for the organization.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Marketing Communications Strategy, Vision, and Leadership
- Create an Aeon-wide strategic marketing communications plan that enhances awareness and support of Aeon.
- Identify challenges and emerging issues facing Aeon and the industry so as to position Aeon as an industry leader and promote Aeon’s expertise, programs, projects and key initiatives.
- Collaborate with key external partners as needed, including Metropolitan Consortium of Community Developers, NeighborWorks, MN Housing Partnership and others.
- Develop and oversee an ROI infrastructure to measure effective communications against Aeon’s key audiences.
- Lead public relations efforts and serve as a lead point person with the media.
- Measure and track effectiveness of media relations.
- Lead crisis communications efforts for the organization.
- Develop media strategies that leverage promotional opportunities, provide brand credibility, and establish Aeon as a community and industry leader.
- Support the creation of collateral needed for the organization’s awareness-building, fundraising, staff recruitment, property-based and housing development initiatives and activities.
- Serve as counsel in the creation of talking points and speech-writing for internal and external events.
General Marketing Communications
- Support the creation of communication plans and tools needed by various departments including Resident Connections & Supportive Services, Property Operations, Housing Development, Human Resources and Administration.
- Oversee process for identifying and submitting applications for award opportunities to highlight Aeon’s housing development and other projects.
- Develop and manage budget for marketing communications department.
Team Development and Management
- Recruit and manage a marketing communications team to support the development and execution of the marketing communications strategy.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to equity and diversity.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, and conduct annual performance appraisals.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the field of marketing communications and public relations with demonstrated progression into leadership role(s).
- Demonstrated leadership in developing and leading strategic communications, media relations, and marketing programs to advance an organization’s mission and goals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Understanding of changing technologies, and ability to successfully utilize digital and other channels in integrated marketing, communication, and fundraising strategies.
- Experience analyzing quantitative and qualitative results for marketing and communications campaigns.
- Results-driven style, personal accountability, and ability to develop strategies to meet both department-specific and organization-wide needs.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds, demonstrating sensitivity to the needs and experiences of a diverse staff and constituent base.
- Ability to represent the organization to key leaders and constituents in the community, including the media.
- Proven planning and organizational skills.
- Proven success in staff management and development.
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Cadillac benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities outlined above to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/471190.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.