Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,700 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 4,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
Aeon is seeking a full-time Grant Writer to research, write, and edit grant proposals and program-related investments to secure funding from both private and public sources to support general operations, Housing Development, and Supportive Services. The Grant Writer will also track the progress of submissions, and write interim and final progress reports to funders as required. This position will report to the Director of Resource Development and will work closely with the Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations.
Key position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Grant Writing and Management: Plan, write, and submit compelling proposals that showcase Aeon’s work to foundations, corporations, government, and other sources. Work collaboratively across the organization to understand funding needs and develop content to create the best possible case for support. Own the grants calendar with exceptional attention to detail to maintain critical timelines and submit applications and reports in a timely manner.
- Grant Research: Proactively explore new funding opportunities to develop new sources of support and increase revenue. Work collaboratively with Resource Development team to identify potential new funding sources and determine appropriate ways to begin funding relationships, including submitting letters of intent, attending prospect meetings, etc. Eagerness to explore creative new options for funding is a critical aspect of this role.
- Relationship Building: In tandem with the Manager of Corporate and Foundation Relations, who is the owner of corporate and foundation relationships, build and maintain strong and mutually beneficial relationships with funders. Attend relevant events to continually strengthen and build on existing funder relationships.
- General: Participate as an active member of the Resource Development team, including supporting other activities as needed including special events, donor communications execution, etc. Proficient use of Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and Excel. Experience with donor tracking and relationship software preferred, use of Salesforce ideal.
- At least 1-3 years of grant writing and/or fundraising experience in a nonprofit setting preferred
- Excellent written communication skills. Ability to work well in a team setting with common goals
- Ability to co-manage important relationships with colleagues
- Keen attention to details and excellent time management skills
- Energy for researching and identifying new sources of funding for Aeon and its programs
- Ability to understand and interpret a broad range of issues related to Aeon’s mission
Compensation is commensurate with education and experience. Cadillac benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities outlined above to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/499756.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.