Maintenance Technician (Part Time)
Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,700 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 4,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
We are seeking a skilled Maintenance Technician to perform all aspects of the physical operations of an apartment community, including the responsibility to ensure that Aeon standards are met in each of the following areas: preventative maintenance, safety and security, physical condition, market appeal, customer service promises, and utility conservation standards. The Maintenance Technician will support the Site Manager in the development of an annual operating plan and financial budget as well as the monthly reporting against approved goals. The Maintenance Technician will report directly to the Site Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the completion of all maintenance service requests as assigned by performing a wide variety of general maintenance and repair functions including:
- Appliance repair
- Air handler and general HVAC maintenance
- Lock changes
- Apartment turnovers
- Preventative maintenance
- Installation and repair of window coverings, doors, cabinets, light fixtures, etc;
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have 3+ years of proven knowledge and experience in all areas of residential maintenance
- Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle, and vehicle insurance
- Own basic tools
- Must be able to lift/carry 50 pounds
- Candidate must also have strong people skills and enjoy working with a diverse clientele
- Possess a prideful work ethic and be a team player
- Understand and follow oral and written directions
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
Part-time, approximately 20 hours per week – primarily between the hours of 7am-6pm Monday through Friday. Schedule would be set in accordance with property needs.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities outlined above to:
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.