Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,700 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 5,000 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
We are seeking an experienced Property Manager with exceptional marketing skills and superior customer services skills to join our team. This dynamic, results-driven professional will enjoy an exciting, fast paced work environment managing an affordable housing apartment community in Minneapolis and will be responsible for the overall property performance. The Property Manager reports directly to the Portfolio Director.
The Property Manager will oversee all matters in the operation of apartment community including, but not limited to, keeping day-to-day operations running smoothly and efficiently, be accountable for the overall profitability of the property by optimizing rental rates and occupancy, direct all site personnel in their duties, and be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the physical asset. Above all, the Property Manager will ensure all property personnel provide superior customer service to residents while maximizing revenue and minimizing expenses to achieve all annual budget goals.
Skills and Qualifications
- Three or more years of recent and consecutive management experience
- Excellent communication and ability to maintain positive resident relations resulting in strong resident retention
- Must possess strong supervisory and leadership skills and be able to drive results
- Experience with program documentation, processing and general business compliance.
- Strong demonstrated marketing skills; including motivation for sales and achievement of marketing goals, listening for customer needs, explaining advantages of location and services, as well as prospect documentation
- Proven track record of preparing, understanding and managing property budgets as well as increasing net operating income preferred
- Knowledge of, and ability to, operate under fair housing laws and regulations
- Intermediate navigation and knowledge of computer systems
- Experience using property management software preferred
- Must be a resourceful problem solver with an attention to details and a seeker of excellence who values results, hard work, customer service, and loyalty to Aeon’s mission
- Four year college degree preferred but may substitute for management experience
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Cadillac benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities outlined above to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/502949.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.