Aeon is a nonprofit developer, owner and manager of high-quality affordable homes in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Established in 1986, the award-winning nonprofit has built or renovated more than 2,700 apartments and townhomes, which provide stability to more than 4,500 people each year – including individuals and families with low to moderate incomes and formerly homeless individuals. The organization’s inspiration to create community assets that last for generations stems from its name “Aeon,” which means “forever.” Its vision is that every person has a home and is interconnected within community. To learn more about Aeon, please visit www.aeonmn.org
We are seeking a Receptionist who is customer service driven, experienced, and reliable to join our team. This talented, motivated and energetic professional will be the face of Aeon by directing incoming phone calls and warmly greet visitors and staff. The perfect candidate will also enjoy serving a diverse population of people while providing wide-ranging general office support with a variety of administrative activities and related tasks in a busy office environment. This person will deliver a high level of customer service and is regarded as the “Director of First Impressions” to our residents, staff, housing applicants, funders and vendors. This position will report to the Director of Human Resources and Administration.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Professionally administer incoming calls and redirect accordingly; provide information regarding Aeon’s housing as requested
- Greet all guests in a professional, friendly, and hospitable manner
- Provide wide-ranging administrative and clerical support for all program areas including data entry, faxing, copying, scanning, filing, word processing, and label production
- Provide administrative support to the Human Resources department; some key responsibilities are placing job postings, uniform distribution and maintaining various tracking forms
- Ensure the smooth operations and needs of our work space by working with building management
- Manage office vendor relationships and maintenance of office machines
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers; perform outgoing mail activities
- Procurement and maintenance of all office/kitchen supplies
- Maintain common areas of office such as work room, conference rooms, kitchen, and common areas to ensure neat and professional appearance; keep them well-stocked
- Assist with meetings and special events including leadership and coordination of staff social gatherings, lunches, etc.
- Support for special projects including research and gathering data on various topics
- Manage Aeon’s reference library and database to ensure all materials are accounted for and easily accessible
- Perform other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of four recent and consecutive years of customer service, receptionist, or administrative support experience
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional phone etiquette, with an ability to relate effectively with diverse individuals
- Must demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy with strong focus on delivering superior customer service to internal and external people
- Intermediate computer skills including Internet, Microsoft Office and Outlook – database experience helpful
- Demonstrated ability to perform detailed work with a high level of accuracy
- Proactive ownership approach to work
- Independent judgment to plan, prioritize multiple requests and execute diverse workload
- Strong project management skills and an ability to multi-task
- Ability to apply effective time management and self-management skills in a busy work environment; ability to meet deadlines despite regular interruptions
- Solid and proven work ethic with the ability to work independently and on a team
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Ability to identify and resolve problems effectively
- Experience managing office equipment a plus
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Cadillac benefits package includes: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, retirement plan, paid time off and an employee assistance program.
Please submit resume and cover letter detailing experience consistent with position responsibilities outlined above to: https://aeonmn.applicantpro.com/jobs/460187.html
Position is open until filled.
Aeon is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.
Employees and residents are encouraged to apply.